B’nai Tikvah’s Board of Trustees is responsible for providing fiscal oversight to the congregation, as well as working with staff and clergy to organize programs, classes and events that enrich the lives of synagogue members. The board consists of 14 elected trustees, a president and six vice presidents overseeing various committees:
- President – Sheri Hokin
- V.P. of Administration – Jay Goltz
- V.P. of Financial & Resource Development – Judy Aronson
- V.P. of Finance – Bruce Domash
- V.P. of Ritual – Michael Levinsohn
- V.P. of Adult Services – Cynthia Lieb
- V.P. of Youth and Education – Suzanne Siegel
- Treasurer – Edward Jacobs
- Recording Secretary – Nancy Goldstein
- President of the Sisterhood – Brooke Plofsky
- President of the Men’s Club – TBD
- Immediate Past President – Michael Brown
Our monthly meetings are open to members of the congregation, with the exception of the executive session.
Any member in good standing can sit on our board. There is a formal nominating process for trustees each spring. All trustees, including office holders and committee chairs, serve for two years. Half of all trustees are elected at each annual meeting held in June. The president is responsible for assigning committee chairs from the list of trustees or other members in good standing.