B’nai Tikvah’s Board of Trustees is responsible for providing fiscal oversight to the congregation, as well as working with staff and clergy to organize programs, classes and events that enrich the lives of synagogue members. The board consists of 14 elected trustees, a president and six vice presidents overseeing various committees:
- President – Jay Goltz
- V.P. of Administration – Cindy Lieb
- V.P. of Financial & Resource Development – Judy Aronson
- V.P. of Finance – Joseph Jaeger
- V.P. of Ritual – Michael Levinsohn
- V.P. of Adult Services – Richard Davidson
- V.P. of Youth and Education – Andrea Berlow
- Treasurer – Edward Jacobs
- Recording Secretary – Lisa Moss
- President of the Sisterhood – Brooke Plofsky
- President of the Men’s Club – Bruce Domash
- Immediate Past President – Sheri Hokin
Our monthly meetings are open to members of the congregation, with the exception of the executive session.
Any member in good standing can sit on our board. There is a formal nominating process for trustees each spring. All trustees, including office holders and committee chairs, serve for two years. Half of all trustees are elected at each annual meeting held in June. The president is responsible for assigning committee chairs from the list of trustees or other members in good standing.