Welcome to B’nai Tikvah; or at least to our website! My guess is that you are looking around to find a synagogue that best suits you. Good for you, and good for us. And when I say us, I mean the entire Jewish community. While the world continues to change dramatically from one generation to the next, supporting the local synagogue has been a constant that has kept Judaism as an important part of people’s lives.
I would like to share with you why I believe B’nai Tikvah might be a good fit for you. We are not “one size fits all”, but we are “one size fits most.” Some of our congregants come every Shabbat, some come occasionally, and some come only for the High Holidays or special events. We are happy to see you no matter how often you participate.
We don’t have an “exclusive” membership. In fact, we are deliberately inclusive. No matter what your orientation or faith, we welcome you. If you feel a connection to Judaism, we feel a connection to you. We are happy to talk to you about programs and accommodations that will help you or your spouse navigate our Jewish world.
Our congregation is Egalitarian. We are proud of the fact that we all pray together. And last but not least, I am also proud of the fact that we have consciously kept our dues low. Our building is almost paid off, and we continue to watch expenses. We also understand there are circumstances that make dues unaffordable to some people. We are first and foremost here for you, and are happy to talk to you about pricing that will fit your budget. We want B’nai Tikvah to work for everyone who wants to be here. I hope to see you at shul!
President, Congregation B’nai Tikvah
Benefits of Membership
- Clergy – Rabbi David is dedicated to your religious and spiritual needs, including life cycle events, home and hospital visits, and pastoral counseling. Hazzan Hery is also available to assist with life cycle events.
- High Holy Day Tickets – Membership includes two High Holy Day tickets to be used at a wide variety of services for the whole family. Additional tickets are available at $310 each.
- Worship Services – B’nai Tikvah offers you many opportunities to worship with us.
- Religious School – The Religious School at B’nai Tikvah provides engaging, dynamic opportunities for your children to build their Jewish identity and gain knowledge of Jewish history, culture, prayer, language and values.
- Adult Education – There are a wide variety of Adult Education opportunities at B’nai Tikvah for adults of all ages and backgrounds.
- Synagogue Events and Programs – View our calendar for a wide array of upcoming events. Consider joining a group such as the choir, Sisterhood or sitting on a committee such as the very active Religious School Committee.
- Facility Use– Members have the opportunity, for a nominal fee, to utilize our beautiful social halls for special occasions.