Simchat Shabbat Service
Celebrate the Joy of Shabbat at our Simchat Shabbat Service – Join us for a musical celebration of Shabbat as we experience a beautiful and inspiring Kabbalat Shabbat service, with accompaniment by our musical ensemble.
Simchat Shabbat – Musical Shabbat Service is offered on the 2nd Friday of the month through May.
The Mitzvah of Making a Minyan
The daily minyan is a wonderful tradition that gives each of us an opportunity to connect with our soul, our community and our God every day. It’s also a meaningful way to bring comfort and support to synagogue members who are mourning the loss of a loved one by saying kaddish.
Join us in making this daily service meaningful:
- Sundays, 9:00 am
- Mondays and Thursdays, 6:30 am
- Monday thru Thursday, 7:30 pm
We hope as many B’nai Tikvah members as possible will participate in this mitzvah and commit to attending the minyan at least one morning or evening each month. Please see below for a suggested schedule according to last names.
- A-D: First week of the month
- E-K: Second week of the month
- L-R: Third week of the month
- S-Z: Fourth week of the month
Religious School Assigned Shabbat Services
A Shabbat requirement is an important part of our academic program. Students in 3rd through 5th grades are required to attend a minimum of 4 Shabbat services for the academic year.To assist in making this attendance policy more accessible and to encourage service attendance, we have assigned each grade (K-5th) at least two Friday night Simchat Shabbat services and 3rd-5th grades an additional two Saturday morning Ruach Shabbat services.
Primary Dept. ( K-2nd)
- Friday, January 12 (6:30-8:00 pm)
- Saturday, October 21 (10:00 am -12:00 pm)
- Saturday, December 2 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Friday, January 12 (6:30 – 8:00 pm)
- Saturday, October 28 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Friday, December 8 (6:30 – 8:00 pm)
- Saturday, February 3 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Friday, November 10 (6:30 – 8:00 pm)
- Saturday, January 13 ( 10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Saturday March 3 (10:00 am -12:00 pm)
- Look at school calendar for dates
Attention All Torah Readers
Reading from the Torah is a wonderful mitzvah and we encourage all members to take the opportunity to read Torah at a Shabbat or Festival morning service. Of course, we will help you prepare!